Sunday, August 23, 2009

site location

While looking for a space for site in painting I was directed upstairs to the student area, small rooms each with a window + wall socket. One of the teachers said that they should be availible for site.
The spaces could seat around my target 6 people and I can easily cover the window if needed.

I guess the file will play through a computer/dvd player.
I most likely need to loop the animation, I wonder if there is a way to do this with actionscript/programming.
edit: You cannot achieve infinite loops in actionscript because it crashes the flash player.
So I will have to loop it in the timeline.

edit: After a group crit discussion, I realised that a short loop will be more likely to be watched all the way through, rather than one with long credits.
For example if a person enters the room half way through, and has to wait ages to see the start, they won't stick around.
But if the animation loops quickly, it is much more likely the audience will see the whole animation.

So the casual audience will stay to watch as long as the section they enter upon is is engaging, which I think any part of the caveman/alien interaction will be.
If I saw two radically different characters fighting/taunting/etc, I would want to know why they are doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment