Monday, August 17, 2009

landscape tests


Rock colour palette tests. I do like the blue shadows, I might use that colour technique during the night section/s of the narrative.



I might experiment with textures also. Like a grass texture at half opacity so it's not too distracting.


Overlaying the characters onto the environment colours. Testing that the lack of outlines do not make the characters hard to see.


The texture result:

^Looks much better in my opinion. Much more organic. The texture opacity is @ 10% at the moment, I still might scale that back a little more.


^Trying out a material like border.


^Less distracting version. I think the first one looks better, I need to test them both with character animation and location changes.

I also tried out overlaying a 10% opacity material texture over the whole image (like in the freeze frame section of my previous animation), but it just made the grass textures harder to see.

I think I will project the animation, so the material outline mask should make the jagged white outer border invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment